The Centre offers high-quality training in five different areas:
- Skilled Trades Training
- English as a Second Language Training
- Employee Training
- Job Search Training
- Academic Upgrading
Get trained and get hired! Skilled Trades workers are in high demand. The Centre for Skills Development & Training’s Skilled Trades Training Programs get students trained for rewarding careers in less than half the time of similar college training programs.
Why Choose Us?
- Shorter programs with over 70% hands-on training gets students workforce ready earlier than most other programs.
- Large, fully equipped shops provide students with a full-scale experience.
- Students are trained by experienced instructors who work in the field and know the industry.
- Tuition includes tools, on-site parking, personal protective equipment, and safety certifications – No hidden fees!
- Successful graduates receive personalized job search assistance.
Do you want to learn English? The Centre for Skills Development & Training’s free English classes will help you improve your English language skills to help you find work and settle into life in Canada. English as a Second Language (ESL)/Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) The Centre offers free ESL/LINC training programs in comfortable classroom settings at its locations in Burlington, Milton, Oakville and Georgetown. The Centre’s language training programs will help you improve your skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing English.
Benefits of our free English classes:
- Professional, friendly and knowledgeable teachers
- Computers for practicing English
- Preparation for further education, training or employment
- Classes that work for you and your schedule – morning, afternoon and evening sessions available
- Childcare available at some locations
The right training helps you increase employee productivity, engagement, retention and ultimately your bottom line. The Centre for Skills Development & Training offers customized employee training in the areas of:
If you wish to conduct your own employee training and are looking to rent fully equipped off-site space at a very reasonable cost, we offer daily rental of training rooms, meeting rooms and computer labs at our main headquarters in Burlington. See Facility Rentals to learn more.
The Centre offers free high-quality assistance for job seekers at four locations: Burlington, Clarkson (Mississauga), Milton and Oakville.
Free services include:
- Job search assistance to learn new job search techniques, update your resume and/or cover letters and practice your job interview skills
- Information and assistance with Second Career funding
- Help figuring out your long-term career plan
This free adult upgrading program, located in Burlington helps you prepare for:
- GED, mature student’s test, or other exams
- Credit (OSSD)