*Free for successful applicants ages 30 and under!
This 26-week program is offered in partnership between The Centre for Skills Development & Training and the Government of Ontario to support the demand for skilled trades. This program provides training in two trades ensuring graduates have numerous career paths. Students graduate with a relevant skill set, experience and safety certifications.
This program is for you if:
- You like to work with your hands
- You learn by doing (not sitting at a desk)
- You like having lots of choice in your career
- You want an accelerated training program
- You want to pursue an apprenticeship
- You want employment assistance upon graduation
Program start date: January 2018 – (pending funding)
This training program provides in-class instruction and hands-on training in the following areas:
- Electrical Theory and Code (OEC)
- Practical electrical installations
- Hydraulics and pneumatics
- Machine theory and practice
- Rigging and hoisting
- AC motor control
- Machine and equipment lubrication
- Basic Programmable Logic Controls (PLCs)
- Interpreting engineering drawings
- Trade calculation and science
- Threads and fasteners
- Employability and Essential Skills
- Precision measuring tools and equipment
- Comprehensive safety training
- Millwrights maintain and repair stationary industrial machinery, equipment and systems and are often involved with installing, maintaining, repairing and removing equipment. Millwrights also perform routine maintenance activities, such as cleaning and lubricating equipment, adjusting valves and seals, and investigating breakdowns.
- Electricians are responsible for designing, installing, maintaining and troubleshooting electrical and electronic wiring systems in homes, commercial or industrial buildings, and even machines and large pieces of equipment.
- Industrial Millwright Mechanic and Electrician are both red seal trades; this means that you can travel across Canada with these apprenticeships.
- According to the Government of Canada, the median hourly wage for a licensed Millwright in the Hamilton/Niagara area is $28.00, $27.92 for licensed Electricians and $29.00 for licensed Industrial Electricians.
There are many opportunities for Millwrights and Electricians; they can work in diverse settings including repair shops, plants, construction sites, mines, logging operations, ski hills and many production and manufacturing facilities – essentially anywhere where machinery is used!
For information please contact Peter McNamee:
905-333-3499 x 315 | firstname.lastname@example.org