The Centre for Skills Development and Training currently offers three training programs in the area of construction:
- Home Renovations
- Women in Skilled Trades: Enhanced General Carpentry
- Construction Framing Techniques
About the Construction Industry
- Construction employs over a million Canadians who engage in more than 130 billion dollars of work every year. The industry has been growing in recent years and construction employment has risen steadily since 1995. (Government of Canada)
- As a skilled construction worker, you could help build homes, offices, schools, bridges, roads, factories or shopping malls and be part of a $168 billion industry that represents 13% of Canada’s economy. (Canadian Construction Sector Council)
- There is still a shortage of skilled workers in the construction industry and it is expected to last over the next ten years. (Government of Canada: Working in Canada)
- According to the Canadian Construction Sector Council, the average construction worker is in their early 40s and job opportunities for new construction professionals are expected to grow in every region of the country.
For more details or to attend a free information session, call 905-333-3499 ext. 121 or 1-888-315-5521 ext. 121, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.