The heading is where you include your contact information, so make sure it’s accurate and appealing. Include your name, current address with postal code, phone number and email address. See the following example:
1314 Parkway Ave, Burlington, ON L7L 1W2 | 289.123.4567, email@example.com
*Make sure that you have your voice mail activated to allow employers to leave a message and choose an email address that is professional and preferably lists your name.
The Value Statement or Targeted Objective
Tell the employer immediately what you are offering them. Don’t use vague and general objectives.
See if you can tell what type of position the candidate is applying for. What are they offering the employer?
- To acquire a challenging career with a solid company utilizing the opportunity to offer proven and developing skills within the company
- To acquire a challenging position in an environment where I can best use my skills and education
- To obtain a new business development position by adding value through utilizing my superior knowledge, prospecting and selling abilities in the business to business arena
- To work as an Ophthalmic Assistant or with professionals as surgeons or physicians with a similar specialty
- Dedicated Legal Professional with over five years of experience working both as a Law Clerk and Legal Assistant in a Canadian law firm. Solid knowledge of rules of civil procedures, Criminal Code, Family Law and Estates statutes. Work well with people, problems, and situations with honesty, integrity and personal ethics
- High achieving management professional with an impressive record of optimizing processes and systems, identifying and implementing cost savings and improving efficiency, quality and profitability in a high speed manufacturing environment. Ability to implement ISO systems
Notice that the best examples say exactly what VALUE the candidate is offering the employer. It is your responsibility to clarify what you are bringing to the position.
Body of Résumé
Depending on the type of résumé you are creating, the order may vary. You may include a professional profile that lists key accomplishments in 5 or 6 bullet points.
- 15+ years of domestic and international purchasing experience in manufacturing sector gained in diverse industries including: mechanical equipment, oil & gas, fossil power, water treatment and pulp & paper
- Extensive experience in industry products purchasing including: metal material, motors, PLC, cabinet, switches, cables, bearings, pump, pressure vessel, hardware, castings and forgings
- Proven knowledge of vendor benchmarking, inventory management, costing control, schedule control, quality control and project management, ISO 9000/14000 series, lean/six sigma and HSE system
- Highly familiar with a wide range of software including: SAP, ORACLE, and Microsoft: Project, Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated analytical, negotiation and problem solving abilities
Next list your Work Experience. You will want to provide the title you held, the company name, location, dates.
Red Maple Inc., Burlington, ON
- Managed and negotiated supply agreements that require improvements in suppliers’ cost, delivery, quality, order lead time, payment cycles, technology for a wide range of materials including: metal / mechanical components, shaft, castings and spare parts for soot blowers from global suppliers such as China, Brazil, Germany, USA and Canada
- Continued developing new suppliers to get better vendors to decrease cost, expedite lead time, improve quality and get better service
- Responsible for all aspects of supply chain, contractor and subcontractor management including: planning, sourcing, RFQ negotiations, placing orders, expediting delivery, inspection, receiving, work orders, inventory management, shipping and NAFTA documentation
Follow work experience with your Formal Education/Professional Development, Published Items and Volunteer or Community Service.