Through the Canada Revenue Agency’s Community Volunteer Income Tax Program, The Centre for Skills Development & Training is offering FREE Income Tax Preparation Services at our Burlington headquarters site for people with a modest income and a simple tax situation.
Tax preparation service is for the current (2016) tax year and by appointment only. Appointments are booked on a first come, first served basis.
To be eligible for this FREE service, individuals must have BOTH:
- $30,000/year or less for single person
- $35,000/year or less for one person with one dependent (add $2500 for each additional dependent)
- $40,000/year or less for a couple (add $2500 for each dependent)
Simple Tax Situation:
- NOT self employed
- INCOME can come from any/all of: 1) employment 2) pension 3) benefits (CPP, disability, child benefit, EI, social assistance), 4) RRSP 5) support payments 6) scholarships, fellowships or bursaries 7) interest under $1000
Tax Clinic Dates/Times:
- Wednesday, March 22 from 5 pm – 8 pm
- Thursday, March 23 from 1 pm – 4 pm
- Friday, March 24 from 9 am – 12 noon
- Tuesday, April 4 from 9 am – noon
- Wednesday, April 5 from 5 pm – 8 pm
- Thursday, April 6 from 1 pm – 4 pm
To book a 45-minute appointment on any of the dates above, please call Reception at (905) 333-3499, 101.