Are you new to Canada and Halton? Get the help you need to settle in Canada with these services.
Settlement Information Specialists
The Centre’s Settlement Information Specialists can answer your questions about settling into Halton.
Get information about:
- Banking in Canada
- Getting a driver’s licence
- Accessing health care
- Getting work
- Finding child care and more
Appointments are available in Burlington, Milton, Georgetown and Oakville.
For more information, please call:
- Bay Area Learning Centre, Burlington: Maria at 905-333-3499 x 196
- Millcroft, Burlington: Gayane at 905-336-5444 x 102
- Oakville: Judy at 905-847-8345 x 2
- Milton and Georgetown: Alex at 905-693-8103 x 204
Commissioner of Oaths
You might need a Commissioner of Oaths to: apply for a passport, verify your foreign language transcripts, verify that your documents have been translated, sign official documents, and more.
Get free assistance from The Centre’s Commissioner of Oaths to:
- Administer oaths for documents that require a Guarantor, such as passports
- Verify the true likeness of photos for official documents
- Verify true copies of official documents
- Verify a declaration or statement of income
To make an appointment with a Commissioner of Oaths nearest you, please contact:
If you live near Burlington contact:
Maria, Commissioner of Oaths
905-333-3499 x 196 / 1-888-315-5521 x 196
If you live near Milton contact:
Alex, Commissioner of Oaths
905-693-8103 x 204
Newcomers Conversation Circle
Join us at the Glen Abbey Public Library in Oakville every Wednesday night from 7-8:30 pm. Improve your English conversation skills in a relaxed atmosphere and build your speaking confidence. Come out and share your experiences, learn about your community, and discover what the library has to offer!
The Newcomers Network welcomes new volunteers to its team! Contact us.
For more information please contact:
Gayane, Settlement Information Specialist
905-847-8345 x 2
The Newcomer ResourceThe Newcomer Resource is a free bi-monthly e-newsletter for newcomers to Halton Region. Stay up-to-date on The Centre’s services, programs and assistance for immigrants.
Don’t miss out on news that may be useful to you!