It’s no secret employers research you online before inviting you in for an interview. Here are 5 ways to make sure you leave them with a good first impression:
- Make it easy for employers to find you online. LinkedIn and Twitter are two digital accounts that will get your name to the top of the search engine list. Creating accounts on both platforms will provide employers with accurate, professional, job-related information about you.
- Use the same profile picture and description on all of your online accounts to help employers recognize you while they’re researching you online.
- Grow your network and get your name out there by participating in online conversations. Commenting on LinkedIn groups related to your profession is an easy place to start and will be visible to an employer looking to grow their company.
- Proof read everything that you post. Any mistake, typo or grammar error will stick out and leave you looking unprofessional.
- Regularly check your online profile by typing your name into a search engine. Look at the results from an employer’s perspective and think about anything you could add or change to make you look more professional.
Get more information about using social media for your job search at one of our monthly workshops.