Learn about the Trades as You Get Paid
*Free for successful applicants – with paid training and paid work placements!
Get In Gear has been described by participants as ‘life changing’. This free 20-week career and trades exploration program helps you find the path that is right for you, and the bonus is you get paid during your training period.
The first 10 weeks of the paid training program are divided between developing life and employability skills (job search skills and aptitude assessments) while the rest of the time you will spend time on practical learning through hands on-training in three skilled trades: construction, manufacturing, and electrical.
The remaining 10 weeks are spent in paid work placements to allow you to gain experience with a local employer. This program runs out of The Centre’s Burlington, Ontario location.
This program is for you if:
- You want assistance in determining your career path
- You want to improve or gain soft skills to get a job and keep it
- You are a hands-on learner (and know that a desk job is not for you)
- You want to ‘try a trade’ as a way to determine your future
- You want employment assistance upon graduation
This program is limited to just 15 participants. To be eligible, participants must:
- Be between 17-30 years old
- Never have collected Employment Insurance
- Not be in full-time work, school or training
- Be In need of assistance in finding and keeping work
- Commit to the entire duration of the program
Next program start date: December 18, 2017