Senior Director, Employee Services
Seasons Corporate Office- Oakville, ON
Seasons Retirement Communities is seeking a detail-oriented, problem solving individual with strong numerical and analytical skills to fill the position of Payroll Advisor. The Payroll Advisor is responsible for effectively and accurately processing multiple ADP Workforce Now biweekly payrolls and ensuring that payroll information being provided from the site level is accurate. The incumbent will act as a resource for payroll information to the site level and ensures that the payroll policies and procedures are being followed and comply with audit and legislative requirements.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive payroll experience in unionized and non-unionized environments with solid payroll process knowledge
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related is preferred
- Level 2 CPA Certification or in progress and accounting background an asset
- ADP Workforce Now experience is required as well as advanced excel skills
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required. Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons“) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Season’s hiring process. We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Processing the full cycle of biweekly payrolls for salary and hourly employees
- Creating and maintaining Payroll system data by entering and updating company and employee records including time entry for union and non-union hourly employees
- Reviewing all time entry data changes that affect Payroll processing to ensure accuracy
- Calculate and remit payments to benefit providers, retirement plans, union, EI, CPP, WCB/Occupational Insurance
- Responsible for full cycle year end payroll
- Hands on experience with payroll implementation - WFN payroll and Time and Attendance
- Administering various payments such as sick pay, retro pays, vacation pays, etc.
- Responds to inquiries from management and site administrators regarding payroll matters in a prompt and efficient manner
- Processes complex terminations and ensures accurate processing of ROEs
- Processes payments to third parties – garnishments, union dues, RRSP and pension payments ensuring that deductions are in accordance with provincial and federal legislations and according to union agreements and corporate policies
- Downloads and ensures accuracy of electronic journal entries in a timely manner
- Ensures that monthly and year end regulatory filings, as prepared by ADP, are completed on a timely basis
- Ensures that internal controls/audit trails are in place for all payroll processes
- Processes reports for management
- Ability to manage multiple and concurrent deadlines
- Special projects as assigned
- Other duties as appropriate and required.
Please visit the Careers page of our website: https://www.seasonsretirement.com/company/careers/
or please go to the direct link to the position at:
Post ID: JV443
Company: Seasons Retirement Communities
Hours: Full time
Status: -- Please Select --
How to apply: See instructions listed in the above posting details.