Hours: Parttime (5-15) hours per week
Weekends and weekdays required depending on business needs.
The Meat Clerk is responsible for providing prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service to our customers.
EFFORT AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Prepare merchandise for purchase
- Slice deli meats to order
- Replace used stock, rotate current stock and ensure satisfactory inventory levels.
- Understand and follow all pertinent Food Safety guidelines, procedures and requirements.
- Engage and interact with customers to create a positive shopping experience; Maintain a high level of customer service.
- Ensure accuracy in all transactions, inventory and procedures.
- Participate in all manner of store maintenance and cleanliness.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company dress code; must wear approved hat or hair net.
- Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Manager.
- Price and display product in cases as directed by the Manager.
- Assist in wrapping and labeling product as required.
- Assist in checking and verifying Meat Department receiving when required.
- Take received and prepared products to refrigerated storage, shelf, and display areas.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company Policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Comply fully with all health and safety procedures.
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Physical Demands – Standing, walking, reaching, bending, twisting, ability to carry/lift
- 50 lbs.
- Repetitive Action- Unload meat deliveries, stock, rotate and block merchandise in all meat cases, keep department organized and clean, operate and clean equipment and tools.
- Working Conditions – Inside, Cold, freezing and dry.
- Machines, Tools, Equipment – Grinder, knives, pricing gun, scale, and compactor.
- Flexibility: Meat clerks might be asked to work evenings and weekends.
Organic Garage is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants are asked to please make their needs/requirements known.
- Ability to perform repetitive heavy lifting
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing; Excellent listening skills
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Professional demeanor under stressful situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Experience in Retail sales preferred
- Strong knowledge of retail sales principles, methods, practices and techniques
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
Post ID: HC060
Company: Organic Garage
Hours: Part time
How to apply: Email: Chauhanh@thecentre.on.ca AND indicate PostID: HC060 when you apply