Orlick is a benchmark supplier to the automotive industry, serving OEM and Tier 1 customers globally. Orlick specializes in high quality, just in time delivery, and an unsurpassed level of customer service, recognized through numerous awards.
Orlick is an integrated company, with a core competence in high pressure aluminum die-casting and precision machining and assembly. We offer customers our expertise through all stages of product development: from prototype concept to finished part. This allows our customers to realize globally cost competitive, light weight, high quality products.
Are you interested in working for a company that offers:
- Competitive Wage
- Employee Benefit Plan
- Company Pension Plan
- Employee training and development
- Education tuition assistance
- Social Activities for employees and their families
Orlick is an integrated company, with a core competence in high pressure aluminum die-casting and precision machining and assembly. Due to company growth, we are currently looking to hire a Junior Engineer
- Conduct assessments of manufacturing operations to identify improvement opportunities to eliminate waste.
- Communicate with Operators; Team Leaders on work assignments to develop improvement strategies that will drive operational excellence and help reduce costs.
- Develop site specific process improvement goals and targets.
- Compiles reports as needed and assists with distribution of reports to others for analysis and corrective action
- Assisting as required for all internal engineering and project launches within Orlick
- Develop benchmarks and tracking progress of all projects as assigned
- Provide technical support to all production related departments (Production, Quality, Maintenance)
- Coordinate project status and timelines between departments, contractors , suppliers and management
- Update mechanical and process drawings and process flows for each facility, label mechanical room piping accordingly and prepare operating and maintenance procedures manual.
- Develop and communicate project plans with cross functional team
- Troubleshoot production, quality and equipment issues
- Specify, procure equipment, review design, test and oversee installation of new equipment
- Develop timely and cost effective solutions for customer related engineering issues where applicable.
- Prepare project outlines, and support approved proposals with the tooling, manufacturing and QA groups to ensure maximum project contribution.
- Support, understand and comply with the Health & Safety requirements within Orlick.
- All other duties as assigned.
How to apply:
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude with shop floor tools and processes is a must
- Mechanical Engineering degree or Technologist diploma
- General Understanding of Lean principles and how it applies to our environment
- Minimum 2 years in the manufacturing sector
- Previous Exposure and understanding of budgeting and or project management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, above average communication ability
- Strong report writing ability
- Autocad knowledge a definite asset
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the title of the job and the POST ID# JV678-3
when you apply.
Post ID: JV678-3
Company: Orlick Industries Limited
Hours: Full time
How to apply: See instructions in posting details above.