The Guest Services Coordinator assists in all aspects of customer service while cost effectively handling general administration duties and maintaining efficiency of operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Mohawk Inn, in beautiful Campbellville, Ontario are looking for a Guest Services Coordinator (permanent part-time with 24-32 hours per week and with evening and weekend shifts available) with the following responsibilities and job qualifications which include but are not limited to:
- Energetically greeting new and existing guests.
-Maintains customers privacy at all times.
- Possesses a working knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Take same day reservations and future reservations by phone, email and online booking systems.
- Understands cancellation policy and procedures.
- Ensures timely check in and consistent coverage for the Mohawk Inn front desk.
-Coordinates with the housekeeping department regarding late check outs, early check ins and special requests.
-Register arriving guests and assigns rooms.
-Provides seamless customer service during all guest interactions.
- Communicates effectively with other departments and management team.
- Knows accommodation types and rates (off season includes KOA Cabins)
- Provide general overview of meeting and events spaces when necessary, promoting on property features.
-Strong working knowledge of the local area, including attractions and services.
- Report any concerns or requests regarding guests to management as necessary.
- Handle non-monetary customer issues. Any monetary reimbursements must be approved by a member of the Management team.
- Assist Guest Services Manager with group reservations as directed.
- Monitor all VIPs/ special guests.
-Arrange guest room maintenance with maintenance and housekeeping departments.
- Ensure Lost and Found items are logged to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Abide by emergency training and procedures to ensure appropriate protection of the hotel, guests, staff and company assets.
- Keep current with industry standards via training and development.
- Keep current with local events and activities.
- Organize and file paperwork in the appropriate files.
- Operate all aspects of Front Desk computer system, including software and hardware maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple configuration changes.
- Complete special projects assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum 2-3 years of hands on experience in a customer service role. Experience in a small or medium sized hotel is ideal. Knowledge and practice of the hospitality industry is an asset.
-Efficient follow-up on issues in a timely manner and can effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
-Flexibility working various shifts and/or weekends including holidays as required - permanent part-time - 24-32 hours per week. Our operation is open 365 days a year.
-Strong drive and proven track record for guest satisfaction and efficiency of operations.
-Strong office administration and proficient technical skills in Word and Excel. Knowledge of hotel check in systems is an asset.
-Consistent attention to detail, organization and able to be proactive in anticipating client and office needs.
-Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and can resolve conflict with ease.
-College diploma or degree, in the Hospitality field or other related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience is preferred.
If you want to be a part of a fun, exciting team that aspires to give, deliver and be the best you can be, and you possess these qualifications, we would love to hear from you! Please send a cover letter indicating why you are interested, why you are a perfect fit, your hourly expectations along with resume to us.
We thank all candidates for applying. We will contact you should you be selected for an interview.
Post ID: HC078
Company: The Mohawk Inn & Conference Centre
Hours: Part time
How to apply: EMAIL: Chauhanh@thecentre.on.ca