Within the overall strategic plans of the company, this individual is responsible for providing technical expertise in support of the Technical Sales Support Engineering team in their efforts to support the sales organization, in such a manner that creates a competitive advantage, maximizes customer satisfaction and contributes to the return on investment objective for the company,in compliance with corporate policies and in accordance with customer expectations.
Another main responsibility is to enter (set up; part list) and maintain master data for products in SAP by following company guidlelines / established standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyzes technical information for the purpose of providing adequate solutions to the client’s sealing needs. Makes recommendations for seal types, materials and sealing systems.
- Provide assistance in the field with seal installation, removal and troubleshooting of seals and systems.
- Responsible for evaluating failed seals as needed and providing a detailed failure analysis with application recommendations in a Seal Failure Report.
- Leads Latent/Root Cause Analysis on warranty incidents. Leads warranty response efforts.
- Assists in the promotion, selling and servicing of our products in the Canada territory, consistent with the objectives of the company and the needs of the customer.
- Prepares technical proposals, reviews purchase orders and works closely with the planning/customer service and design staff for the timely execution of quotations and orders such that the department key performance indicators are achieved or exceeded.
- Project managenet / coordination. This includes the coordination with suppliers / subsidaries and providing information to others to meet requirements of the offered product at time of an order gets processed. The goal is to supply the quoted product to meet customer expectations, both technical as well as commercial point of view (delivery time; cost).
- Reverse engineering - Provide support to sales team with selction of equivivalent product in case we receive a sample or we get invited to go to site for identification.
- Assist in developing and maintaining sales tools including surveys, reference lists, status updates, presentations, standard proposals, and technical guidelines.
- Makes part lists, enter product data in SAP (master data) and maintain such data in SAP (e.g. roll costs).
- Prepare cost sheets for new product.
- Makes and/or reviews drawings and product operation & maintenance manuals when needed.
- Work together with other departements and prepare quality documentation for orders or do it independently, depending on complexity of job. Maintain records when such records have been submitted to the customer for traceability reasons.
- Project Manager with all associated tasks for strategic customers / internal projects as assigned by the management.
- Troubleshoots products and systems when required. Documents findings & recommendations in a report.
- Provide product training to co-workers and customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar or related position involving seals or rotating equipment.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills and strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, customer focused, strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities sufficient to be an effective problem solver.
- Demonstrated inter-personal skills to be effective team member.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Advanced education or training in mechanical seal technology.
- Thorough understanding of mechanical sealing technologies and its associated equipment.
- Thorough understanding of the ability to judge the form, fit and function of applicable products for any application.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with Project Management or Access is a plus.
- CAD (Cadra) Experience is a plus.
- Basic knowledge in SAP.
- Comunication in French is a plus.
Experience: 5 years Technical Sales Support
- Travel may be required, max. 15 % of the time.
- May spend extensive time in customer plants.
Post ID: JV091
Company: Milton, industrial technology company
Hours: Full time
How to apply: please apply through your Employment Advisor at The Centre