Discover the Difference You Can Make
This company is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. This company combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are now hiring for the position of Full Time Permanent Cold Kitchen Assistant (with health and dental benefits) to work in our flight kitchen located on the grounds of Pearson International Airport. This position is represented by a labor union and is covered by one or more collective bargaining agreement.
*MUST HAVE ACCESS TO RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION DUE TO LIMITED BUS SERVICE*
*MUST BE COMFORTABLE WORKING IN COLD ENVIRONMENT FOR 8HR SHIFT*
*Flexible to work available shifts: Afternoon and Nights including weekends*
Pay Rate: $14.00/hr **Shift premiums for working night shift**
*Free, hot and healthy meals daily.
*Full time employees are eligible for paid vacations and holidays. Medical, dental and vision insurance is also available. These benefits will start after 60 days of employment.
Employees must be able to:
· Prepare various food items according to recipes, and for observing and enforcing strict requirements with regard to food safety
· Read, write and follow food specifications and menu guidelines in English
· Maintain a clean and safe working environment
· Manually load used dishware and cutlery into automatic dish-washing machinery
· Understand, adhere to and champion all kitchen operational policies + procedures, standards and training programs
· The job could include: industrial dish-washing, food preparations, food processing, galley building and inspection/audits, handling various food items and preparing and plating, following airline specs
· work assigned schedule which may include multiple shifts (days/afternoons/nights), weekends and holidays
· work overtime when required
· arrive to work on-time
· pass a criminal background check
· complete paperwork
· communicate with supervisors and co-workers
· follow directions
· work as a member of a team
: High School Diploma or equivalent
· Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise
· Subject to cold temperatures (ranging from +10 degrees Celsius to at or below 0-degrees Celsius)
· Subject to hot temperatures
· Works with chemicals and industrial cleaning materials
· Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment and supplies up to fifty (50) pounds
· Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
· Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
· Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
· Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
· Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer!
Post ID: LM262
Company: Airline Catering Company
Hours: Full time
How to apply: email: firstname.lastname@example.org and Copy to email@example.com